It has been a little busy lately and I’ve been away for the past two meeting periods. I’m planning on being at the December meeting at our normal time.
- FreeBSD 10.1 is out. Anyone tried it yet?
- If anyone noticed, BSDCan will be in June in 2015
- New model RaspberryPi units have come out, the A+ is quite inexpensive and has a lot of GPIO pins (no network though, unless you want to use a USB network adapter)
- iX Systems (FreeNAS, PC-BSD) was at LISA’14, as well as the FreeBSD foundation.
Thursday is the second Thursday of the month, so that means it is monthly meeting night.
It has been a quiet summer, so not much to talk about so far.
- Upcoming installfest at Jack Purcell Center
- Group future activities, maybe a venue change?
While it may not be all that exciting, we are planning a BSD installfest sometime in the next month at the Jack Purcell Center. Should be an interesting evening, so watch for further details. I’ve been told it will be a Monday night.
Bring hardware to test, your favorite BSD version, something new or just come out to see what it is all about.